POSITION OBJECTIVE: The Technology Training Manager is accountable for the development and implementation of technical training strategies, plans, and processes to support organizational goals. In collaboration with the Company’s business leaders, this person will be responsible for creating and implementing all technical training programs and overseeing the development of skillsets. The Manager will establish training performance metrics, evaluate productivity, and help workers create long-term training plans within the organization. In addition to these responsibilities the Technology Training Manager will perform business analysis and business relationship management duties leveraging strong communication and analytic skills.
1. Develop a needs assessment process, using created tools and surveys, to create an instructional design process with appropriate delivery methods and post-training evaluations.
2. Develop, deliver and monitor technology training on all business systems including Oasis, MS Office, new hire orientation technology, ADP HRIS, OnBase, Crystal Reports, and others as systems needs and utilizations evolve.
3. Identify the appropriate technology training method including group seminars in a classroom setting, web-based, brochures, multi-media, self-guided and one-to-one.
4. Prepare training program evaluations, and report to senior management.
5. Respond to and resolve technology related questions from employees and business leaders.
6. Recommend training solutions in response to identified technology-related performance issues.
7. Identify and manage appropriate opportunities for utilizing external training resources.
8. Manage the IT training room schedule, equipment and materials.
9. Partnering with business leaders in assessing how business needs are tied to IT deliverables. Perform business analysis to support application and infrastructure business needs for assigned departments. (BRM)
10. Manage and maintain business relationships with assigned departments. (BRM)
11. Perform other duties or special projects as required or as assigned.
* Successfully developed, delivered and/or facilitated 10 – 12 formalized technology training modules each year; Measured participant responses with an average rating range between 4.0-4.5 on a 5.0 point scale.
* Technical proficiency of the Company is benchmarked and shows continuous improvement year over year as verified through surveys and productivity assessments.
* The training program is developed that encourages and rewards staff for improving their technical proficiency.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
* Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Communications, Instructional Technology, Education or related field.
* 5+ years of demonstrated experience in instructional design and delivery of technical training programs in a business setting.
* Experience collaborating with senior executives.
* Ability to quickly learn new technologies and software, at times without formal training.
* Knowledge of teaching methods and strategies for the adult learner.
* Knowledge of production and delivery methods for online learning.
* Excellent customer service, interpersonal and conflict-resolution skills.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate technical and procedural material to a non-technical audience.
* Knowledge of enterprise systems, including Oasis is preferred but not necessary.
* Knowledge of Electronic Content Management (ECM) systems.
* Demonstrated self-starter, with a commitment to excellence, willing to take ownership of work product and work autonomously.