Seeking a Senior Engineer for a highly hands on technical position with Cisco Engineering experience and understanding of phone systems (PRI, SIP, DID)
- Job Requirements
Day to Day Responsibilities:
•Manage staff with responsibility for voice and data infrastructure
•Architect and implement high-quality technical solutions to meet business requirements that are cost-effective
•Implement network security, utilizing tools and techniques in support of firm’s policies
•Provide leadership for network infrastructure initiatives which include developing project plans, assign and manage resources, identify and solve problems, and meeting deliverables
•Establish baseline performance and availability measurements
•Proactively monitor and report on performance and availability metrics for the network infrastructure
•Develops, manages, and maintains fiscal budget to established expectations
•Builds strategic partnerships with various support and service vendors
•Communicates status of activities with the team, peers, management, and end-users.
•Coaches and mentors employees, providing career and professional guidance as necessary
•Creates, reviews and approves performance evaluations and manages fairly, consistently, and routinely
•Deploys, monitors, and supports network hardware/software within the corporate/branch infrastructure.
•Provide technical management for the company's 24x7 local, wide and metropolitan area production networks, voice systems, and associated infrastructure technologies.
•Leads and manages technology refresh strategies
•Security architecture and management of firewalls and associated security infrastructure
•Manages network and monitoring tools, and protocol analyzers
•Develops, manages, and implements wireless and mobility products such as 802.XX
•Deep understanding of network related products that include Firewalls, VPN, MPLS, VoIP, and PBX systems
•Ability to write proposals to meet strategic company and department requirements
•Customer services focused attitude
•Ability to work as a team member, and work across a matrixed internal and external project team(s)
•Highly flexible to rapid environment changes
•Embraces new opportunities to bring new technology into the organization
•Create and maintain process and documentation, including but not limited to detailed procedural documentation for network operations, upgrades, patching, backups, etc.
•Work to automate processes via automation tools to continuously improve
•Coordinate all coverage to ensure adequate networking coverage 24x7x365
- 3+ years of experience of Voice and Data Management experience and a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in network engineering implementation and design.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT/Computer Systems or comparable work experience
- Expertise in network design, management, and troubleshooting.
- Expertise with routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, routing protocols, remote access and wireless systems. ◦Nexus 7k, 5k, 2k with VDC/VRF/VPC configurations.
◦MPLS with Point to Point and Service Provider
◦Cisco ASA Firewalls within a multi-tier infrastructure for DMZ and network segmentation.
◦Advanced routing and switching protocols BGP, IPSEC, Spanning Tree, VLAN tagging, etc...
- Expertise in LAN, WAN, and supporting networking technologies.
- Expert knowledge of Voice over IP technologies.
- Expert knowledge of data/voice cabling structures.
- Expert knowledge of carrier circuits, including SIP and PRI telecom circuits.
- Experience with F5 load balancing.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2008/20012 Server operating systems, Active Directory, DNS, WINS, and domain architecture.
- Ability to analyze and present recommendations to management on the design, acquisition, and implementation of network switching/routing devices and related equipment, as well as vendor selection and related services
- Project management expertise leading projects and teams
- Ability to effectively direct work of others and foster team commitment to tasks, as well as work well under the direction of others
- Ability to perform highly detailed work on multiple, concurrent tasks, and meet established deadlines
- Ability to maintain organized and detailed documentation routinely and ongoing
- Ability to present technical information orally and in writing in a non-technical way for employees, and decision makers, where necessary
- Possess great coaching, teamwork, interpersonal, and customer service skills
- Expertise in Cisco Systems IOS, its structure and capabilities
•Cisco Certified (i.e. CCNA, CCNE, CCNP, CCIE, CISSP)
•Avaya VoIP systems
•Palo Alto Firewalls
- Job Type: Full Time
- Job CItyNew York
- Job State: NY
- Job Zip Code10005
- Job Posting Status: Active
- Bullhorn ID4144
- Resumes: Account manager emailSheron@dbistaffing.com