The Database Administrator is responsible for the architecture, design and operational support of the database infrastructure for the client. This candidate will work with the Applications, Infrastructure and User Support teams to maintain acceptable performance, reliability and security of the SQL server.
- Job Requirements
The Database Administrator will report directly to the Director of Applications and Development.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain a functional, secure and fast database infrastructure with SQL Server. This will include troubleshooting problems as they arise.
- Design support structure for the database infrastructure, including systems architecture, monitoring, documentation, policies and procedures, best practices and support automation.
- Provide technical support for the database environment including overseeing the development and organization of the databases.
- On-going assessment and improvement of the database environment and the identification of problem areas. Work with the Applications, Infrastructure and User Support teams to remediate issues.
- Provide and design tools to assist in the management of the database environment.
- Provide working model for continuing capacity assessment.
- Create and maintain SSIS packages to support ETL processes.
Position Specific Skills and Requirements
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ of IT operational experience with a strong understanding of database structure, theories, principles and practices.
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ of Microsoft SQL Server experience
- SQL Server 2008/2010/2012, database administration, database tuning, database management, database security, clustering.
- Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics.
- Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts.
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Understanding of Relational Database Design and Normalization.
Education and General Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field or the equivalent experience, preferably with strong academic record.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Job CItyNew York
- Job State: NY
- Job Zip Code10004
- Job Posting Status: Active
- Bullhorn ID4164
- Resumes: Account manager emailSheron@dbistaffing.com