This job requires the candidate (incumbent) to review, evaluate and report on complex operational, financial, compliance and business related risks and controls in accordance with professional standards and established methodologies. Candidate (incumbent) must be fully proficient in communicating his/her work in developing or improving internal controls. This job primarily consists of performing assurance and attestation services. This is supplemented by providing governance, compliance and investigation support along with providing advisory services. Candidate/incumbent will functionally and
administratively contribute to the enterprise risk management framework. Competent knowledge of general business, insurance, accounting frameworks, investments and information technology is employed. Expert knowledge of business risks, internal controls and internal auditing standards is required. May require occasional supervision of other auditors and clerical support
Major Opportunities and Decisions:
- Identify, assess and enhanceoperational, financial and information technology controls providing the Company value added services to achieve business objectives.
- Conduct analyses of risks and corresponding items to be audited in a corporate and an individual
- Prepare audit programs and sampling methods.
- Conduct assurance and advisory reviews of the more complex business functions and processes.
- Develop or improve corporate governance, risks and controls by performing research and analysis of industry rules, regulations and practices.
- Ascertain the reliability of financial and operational data or information maintained and reported.
- Effectively communicate results. This includes preparing clear and concise reports of observations and recommendations for audit and company management.
- Verify and test key controls to comply with Company and statutory Model Audit Rule (MAR) requirements.
- Assist the external auditorsby providing direct assistance for selected assignments.